Five suicide bombers attack, three Afghan cops die
Kabul: Afghan officials say five suicide bombers have targeted a local government office in eastern Afghanistan. Three Afghan police were killed and two others wounded.
Paktia provincial spokesman Ruhollah Samoon says the bombers attacked a compound in the Zumat district — an area controlled by the al Qaeda affiliated Haqqani militant network.
Samoon says three suicide bombers blew themselves up at the entrance, and two others were killed by police when they tried to storm the compound.
In the south, Afghan police say a remote-controlled car bomb exploded near a NATO convoy, killing two Afghan men and wounding a young girl.
Police investigator Abdul Haq Chopan says the explosion occurred Thursday afternoon in Lashkar Gah, the provincial capital of Helmand province.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Chopper deal: No evidence to link politicians with AgustaWestland bribes, says Italian judge who delivered verdict
- Check out pic: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's “Star Wars” meeting!
- AgustaWestland deal: Congress says govt trying to vilify its leaders
- Arvind Kejriwal admits for first time, odd-even not a long-term remedy
- European Central Bank scraps 500-euro note