Five suicide bombers attack, three Afghan cops die
Kabul: Afghan officials say five suicide bombers have targeted a local government office in eastern Afghanistan. Three Afghan police were killed and two others wounded.
Paktia provincial spokesman Ruhollah Samoon says the bombers attacked a compound in the Zumat district — an area controlled by the al Qaeda affiliated Haqqani militant network.
Samoon says three suicide bombers blew themselves up at the entrance, and two others were killed by police when they tried to storm the compound.
In the south, Afghan police say a remote-controlled car bomb exploded near a NATO convoy, killing two Afghan men and wounding a young girl.
Police investigator Abdul Haq Chopan says the explosion occurred Thursday afternoon in Lashkar Gah, the provincial capital of Helmand province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video