Five Taliban militants killed, 22 arrested in Pak tribal belt
Islamabad: Pakistani troops killed five Taliban militants and arrested 22 others during operations in the troubled Swat valley and the tribal belt bordering Afghanistan, authorities said on Tuesday.
Three militants were killed and a soldier was injured during a gun battle that erupted while security forces were conducting a search operation at Mora Kandao in Swat valley,
the military said.
Two militants were killed when troops repulsed a raid by rebels on a security forces check-post in Shakai sector of Waziristan.
Militants also fired rockets at a security check-post in Razmak sector though there were no reports of casualties.
Eleven militants were apprehended during a search operation in Akakhel and Kamberkhel areas of Khyber tribal region, according to the Frontier Corps media cell.
Troops captured three suspected militants during a search and clearance operation in Jandola sector of South Waziristan while eight rebels were apprehended during
operations at different places in Swat.
Security forces also conducted search and clearance operations at several places in Shakai and Razmak sectors of Waziristan and cleared militant-held compounds and recovered
arms and ammunitions.
Four suspects also voluntarily surrendered to security forces near Mingora and Sakhra in Swat, the military said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended