Five Taliban militants killed, 22 arrested in Pak tribal belt
Islamabad: Pakistani troops killed five Taliban militants and arrested 22 others during operations in the troubled Swat valley and the tribal belt bordering Afghanistan, authorities said on Tuesday.
Three militants were killed and a soldier was injured during a gun battle that erupted while security forces were conducting a search operation at Mora Kandao in Swat valley,
the military said.
Two militants were killed when troops repulsed a raid by rebels on a security forces check-post in Shakai sector of Waziristan.
Militants also fired rockets at a security check-post in Razmak sector though there were no reports of casualties.
Eleven militants were apprehended during a search operation in Akakhel and Kamberkhel areas of Khyber tribal region, according to the Frontier Corps media cell.
Troops captured three suspected militants during a search and clearance operation in Jandola sector of South Waziristan while eight rebels were apprehended during
operations at different places in Swat.
Security forces also conducted search and clearance operations at several places in Shakai and Razmak sectors of Waziristan and cleared militant-held compounds and recovered
arms and ammunitions.
Four suspects also voluntarily surrendered to security forces near Mingora and Sakhra in Swat, the military said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back