Five Taliban militants killed, 22 arrested in Pak tribal belt
Islamabad: Pakistani troops killed five Taliban militants and arrested 22 others during operations in the troubled Swat valley and the tribal belt bordering Afghanistan, authorities said on Tuesday.
Three militants were killed and a soldier was injured during a gun battle that erupted while security forces were conducting a search operation at Mora Kandao in Swat valley,
the military said.
Two militants were killed when troops repulsed a raid by rebels on a security forces check-post in Shakai sector of Waziristan.
Militants also fired rockets at a security check-post in Razmak sector though there were no reports of casualties.
Eleven militants were apprehended during a search operation in Akakhel and Kamberkhel areas of Khyber tribal region, according to the Frontier Corps media cell.
Troops captured three suspected militants during a search and clearance operation in Jandola sector of South Waziristan while eight rebels were apprehended during
operations at different places in Swat.
Security forces also conducted search and clearance operations at several places in Shakai and Razmak sectors of Waziristan and cleared militant-held compounds and recovered
arms and ammunitions.
Four suspects also voluntarily surrendered to security forces near Mingora and Sakhra in Swat, the military said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman