Five Tehrik-e-Taliban terrorists arrested in Pak
Lahore: Pakistani security agencies arrested five Tehrik-e-Taliban terrorists and seized weapons from them in Multan district of Punjab province on Saturday, officials said.
They were nabbed during a joint operation by police and intelligence agencies on the outskirts of Multan city, 400 km from Lahore.
The terrorists were members of the banned Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan, officials said.
"The five terrorists had plans to strike at soft targets during Eid," an official said.
He said the accused were also involved in various acts of terrorism in different parts of Punjab province.
Police in Multan had recently killed Abdul Ghaffar Qaisarani, a Taliban fighter who was allegedly involved in the 2009 attack on the Sri Lankan cricket team in Lahore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar