Five Tehrik-e-Taliban terrorists arrested in Pak
Lahore: Pakistani security agencies arrested five Tehrik-e-Taliban terrorists and seized weapons from them in Multan district of Punjab province on Saturday, officials said.
They were nabbed during a joint operation by police and intelligence agencies on the outskirts of Multan city, 400 km from Lahore.
The terrorists were members of the banned Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan, officials said.
"The five terrorists had plans to strike at soft targets during Eid," an official said.
He said the accused were also involved in various acts of terrorism in different parts of Punjab province.
Police in Multan had recently killed Abdul Ghaffar Qaisarani, a Taliban fighter who was allegedly involved in the 2009 attack on the Sri Lankan cricket team in Lahore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre