Five Tehrik-e-Taliban terrorists arrested in Pak
Lahore: Pakistani security agencies arrested five Tehrik-e-Taliban terrorists and seized weapons from them in Multan district of Punjab province on Saturday, officials said.
They were nabbed during a joint operation by police and intelligence agencies on the outskirts of Multan city, 400 km from Lahore.
The terrorists were members of the banned Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan, officials said.
"The five terrorists had plans to strike at soft targets during Eid," an official said.
He said the accused were also involved in various acts of terrorism in different parts of Punjab province.
Police in Multan had recently killed Abdul Ghaffar Qaisarani, a Taliban fighter who was allegedly involved in the 2009 attack on the Sri Lankan cricket team in Lahore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'