Flash floods, earthquake kill over 24 in Afghanistan
Kabul: Over two dozen people have been killed in flash floods and earthquake in different provinces of Afghanistan during the past two days.
A strong earthquake measuring 5.7 on the Richter Scale rocked eastern Afghanistan yesterday, killing at least 13 persons and injuring at least 100 in Nangerhar Province and in neighbouring Kunar Province.
The epicentre of the quake was near Mehtar Lam city nearly 100 kilometre east of Kabul.
The earthquake destroyed many houses in Nangarhar and Kunar provinces which are near the epicentre of the quake.
Strong tremors were also felt in many other parts of Afghanistan including capital Kabul.
In northern Afghanistan, heavy rain followed by flash floods in Balkh province killed more than a dozen people in the last two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference