Flash floods, earthquake kill over 24 in Afghanistan
Kabul: Over two dozen people have been killed in flash floods and earthquake in different provinces of Afghanistan during the past two days.
A strong earthquake measuring 5.7 on the Richter Scale rocked eastern Afghanistan yesterday, killing at least 13 persons and injuring at least 100 in Nangerhar Province and in neighbouring Kunar Province.
The epicentre of the quake was near Mehtar Lam city nearly 100 kilometre east of Kabul.
The earthquake destroyed many houses in Nangarhar and Kunar provinces which are near the epicentre of the quake.
Strong tremors were also felt in many other parts of Afghanistan including capital Kabul.
In northern Afghanistan, heavy rain followed by flash floods in Balkh province killed more than a dozen people in the last two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog