Flash floods, earthquake kill over 24 in Afghanistan
Kabul: Over two dozen people have been killed in flash floods and earthquake in different provinces of Afghanistan during the past two days.
A strong earthquake measuring 5.7 on the Richter Scale rocked eastern Afghanistan yesterday, killing at least 13 persons and injuring at least 100 in Nangerhar Province and in neighbouring Kunar Province.
The epicentre of the quake was near Mehtar Lam city nearly 100 kilometre east of Kabul.
The earthquake destroyed many houses in Nangarhar and Kunar provinces which are near the epicentre of the quake.
Strong tremors were also felt in many other parts of Afghanistan including capital Kabul.
In northern Afghanistan, heavy rain followed by flash floods in Balkh province killed more than a dozen people in the last two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections