Flash floods, earthquake kill over 24 in Afghanistan
Kabul: Over two dozen people have been killed in flash floods and earthquake in different provinces of Afghanistan during the past two days.
A strong earthquake measuring 5.7 on the Richter Scale rocked eastern Afghanistan yesterday, killing at least 13 persons and injuring at least 100 in Nangerhar Province and in neighbouring Kunar Province.
The epicentre of the quake was near Mehtar Lam city nearly 100 kilometre east of Kabul.
The earthquake destroyed many houses in Nangarhar and Kunar provinces which are near the epicentre of the quake.
Strong tremors were also felt in many other parts of Afghanistan including capital Kabul.
In northern Afghanistan, heavy rain followed by flash floods in Balkh province killed more than a dozen people in the last two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report