Flash floods, earthquake kill over 24 in Afghanistan
Kabul: Over two dozen people have been killed in flash floods and earthquake in different provinces of Afghanistan during the past two days.
A strong earthquake measuring 5.7 on the Richter Scale rocked eastern Afghanistan yesterday, killing at least 13 persons and injuring at least 100 in Nangerhar Province and in neighbouring Kunar Province.
The epicentre of the quake was near Mehtar Lam city nearly 100 kilometre east of Kabul.
The earthquake destroyed many houses in Nangarhar and Kunar provinces which are near the epicentre of the quake.
Strong tremors were also felt in many other parts of Afghanistan including capital Kabul.
In northern Afghanistan, heavy rain followed by flash floods in Balkh province killed more than a dozen people in the last two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days