Fonseka`s daughter quizzed at Colombo airport
Colombo: The younger daughter of the
jailed former Army chief Sarath Fonseka was briefly held at
the Colombo airport`s immigration counter on Friday when she was
returning to the country from US, family said.
Anoma Fonseka, the former army chief`s wife said
that Aparna Fonseka was quizzed by the police about her
brother in law Danuna Thilakaratne who is wanted by the police
for his misconduct in supplying material to the Army when his
father in law was the commander of the army.
He continues to evade arrest.
Sarath Fonseka was found guilty by a military tribunal
over the same case and was sentenced to a 30 month jail term
which he is currently serving.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- GM re-evaluates India investment, new car platform on hold
- Raunchiest Olympics ever: Record number of condoms for 2016 Rio athletes
- Donald Trump says US could pull out of World Trade Organization
- Premier Futsal: Mumbai 5's crowned champions of inaugural edition
- 'Munich gunman planned shooting for a year, chose victims randomly'