Food poisoning sickens 427 at Sri Lankan wedding
Colombo: Police say 427 people have been hospitalised for food poisoning after eating at a wedding reception in Sri Lanka.
Police spokesman Ajith Rohana said 168 men, 166 women and 93 children suffering vomiting and diarrhea were admitted to a hospital. They had eaten a meal at a wedding in the town of Vavunativu last night.
He said police and health officials were investigating. Most food poisoning reported in Sri Lanka is due to unhygienic preparation or expired food. Most victims are workers in garment factories and schoolchildren.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Surprising! Kumar Sangakkara picks Rahul Dravid over Sachin Tendulkar in his All-Time XI
- Travel diaries: Bipasha Basu, hubby Karan Singh Grover are now holidaying in Barcelona
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin files petition in Bihar court, claims threat to his life from state govt
- Wimbledon: Serena Williams enters second round ousts Amra Sadikovic
- Malaika Arora maintains silence over Salman's rape metaphor