Food poisoning sickens 427 at Sri Lankan wedding
Colombo: Police say 427 people have been hospitalised for food poisoning after eating at a wedding reception in Sri Lanka.
Police spokesman Ajith Rohana said 168 men, 166 women and 93 children suffering vomiting and diarrhea were admitted to a hospital. They had eaten a meal at a wedding in the town of Vavunativu last night.
He said police and health officials were investigating. Most food poisoning reported in Sri Lanka is due to unhygienic preparation or expired food. Most victims are workers in garment factories and schoolchildren.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda