Food poisoning sickens 427 at Sri Lankan wedding
Colombo: Police say 427 people have been hospitalised for food poisoning after eating at a wedding reception in Sri Lanka.
Police spokesman Ajith Rohana said 168 men, 166 women and 93 children suffering vomiting and diarrhea were admitted to a hospital. They had eaten a meal at a wedding in the town of Vavunativu last night.
He said police and health officials were investigating. Most food poisoning reported in Sri Lanka is due to unhygienic preparation or expired food. Most victims are workers in garment factories and schoolchildren.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days