Food poisoning sickens 427 at Sri Lankan wedding
Colombo: Police say 427 people have been hospitalised for food poisoning after eating at a wedding reception in Sri Lanka.
Police spokesman Ajith Rohana said 168 men, 166 women and 93 children suffering vomiting and diarrhea were admitted to a hospital. They had eaten a meal at a wedding in the town of Vavunativu last night.
He said police and health officials were investigating. Most food poisoning reported in Sri Lanka is due to unhygienic preparation or expired food. Most victims are workers in garment factories and schoolchildren.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you