Former LTTE members in Lanka contingent at Delhi SAF games
Colombo: Eight former LTTE members will be part of Sri Lankan contingent at the South Asian Federation games to be held in New Delhi next year.
Sports Ministry`s spokesman Harsha Abeykoon said eight of the rehabilitated Tamil rebels would be picked to represent the nation at the SAF games.
"It is the government`s intention to provide sporting opportunities to the LTTE members who have gone through rehabilitation," Abeykoon said.
Some 131 former LTTE members have been selected for various sporting events, Abeykoon said.
Sri Lanka has successfully rehabilitated the majority of around 11,000 members of the LTTE who had surrendered to the government at the conclusion of the military conflict three years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh