Former Pak Army commando arrested in terror plot
Islamabad: Pakistani law enforcement
agencies today arrested a former army commando on charges of
masterminding a terrorist plot to attack the parliament,
according to a media report.
Saadullah, a former member of the Special Services
Group, an elite commando unit of the Pakistan Army, was
arrested at Okara in Punjab province, Express News channel
quoted its sources as saying.
There was no word on the development from law
enforcement agencies or the military.
The plot to attack parliament and other key
government buildings in Islamabad`s "Red Zone", a heavily
guarded area in the heart of the federal capital, was foiled
by law enforcement agencies earlier this month.
Police in Islamabad arrested four suspects and
seized suicide jackets, grenades and rockets.
Saadullah was arrested on the basis of information
provided by these suspects, the TV channel reported.
The terrorists had planned to fire rockets at
parliament and other government buildings from a forested area
They also planned to storm the parliament with
suicide bombers, according to earlier media reports.
Several armed forces personnel have been arrested
across Pakistan in the past few years on charges of
involvement in terrorist plots, including two attempts on the
life of former President Pervez Musharraf.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?