Former Pak Army commando arrested in terror plot
Islamabad: Pakistani law enforcement
agencies today arrested a former army commando on charges of
masterminding a terrorist plot to attack the parliament,
according to a media report.
Saadullah, a former member of the Special Services
Group, an elite commando unit of the Pakistan Army, was
arrested at Okara in Punjab province, Express News channel
quoted its sources as saying.
There was no word on the development from law
enforcement agencies or the military.
The plot to attack parliament and other key
government buildings in Islamabad`s "Red Zone", a heavily
guarded area in the heart of the federal capital, was foiled
by law enforcement agencies earlier this month.
Police in Islamabad arrested four suspects and
seized suicide jackets, grenades and rockets.
Saadullah was arrested on the basis of information
provided by these suspects, the TV channel reported.
The terrorists had planned to fire rockets at
parliament and other government buildings from a forested area
They also planned to storm the parliament with
suicide bombers, according to earlier media reports.
Several armed forces personnel have been arrested
across Pakistan in the past few years on charges of
involvement in terrorist plots, including two attempts on the
life of former President Pervez Musharraf.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past