Former Pak Army commando arrested in terror plot
Islamabad: Pakistani law enforcement
agencies today arrested a former army commando on charges of
masterminding a terrorist plot to attack the parliament,
according to a media report.
Saadullah, a former member of the Special Services
Group, an elite commando unit of the Pakistan Army, was
arrested at Okara in Punjab province, Express News channel
quoted its sources as saying.
There was no word on the development from law
enforcement agencies or the military.
The plot to attack parliament and other key
government buildings in Islamabad`s "Red Zone", a heavily
guarded area in the heart of the federal capital, was foiled
by law enforcement agencies earlier this month.
Police in Islamabad arrested four suspects and
seized suicide jackets, grenades and rockets.
Saadullah was arrested on the basis of information
provided by these suspects, the TV channel reported.
The terrorists had planned to fire rockets at
parliament and other government buildings from a forested area
They also planned to storm the parliament with
suicide bombers, according to earlier media reports.
Several armed forces personnel have been arrested
across Pakistan in the past few years on charges of
involvement in terrorist plots, including two attempts on the
life of former President Pervez Musharraf.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory