Former Pak PM Gilani visits Benazir grave
Islamabad: Former Pakistani prime minister Yousuf Raza Gilani, who was ousted from power by the Supreme Court, on Thursday visited the grave of Benazir Bhutto to pay tributes to her on her 59th birth anniversary.
Gilani was accompanied by Pakistan People’s Party chairman and Bhutto`s son, Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, to the grave in Garhi Khuda Bux in Sindh province, Geo News reported.
The two leaders, who were joined by Sindh Chief Minister Syed Qaim Ali Shah, placed floral wreaths at the grave.
President Asif Ali Zardari, the husband of late Bhutto, offered a special plane to Gilani to facilitate his travel.
Garhi Khuda Bux village is known for the burial place of the entire Bhutto clan, including that of Zulfiqar, Murtaza, and Benazir Bhutto.
Benazir Bhutto was killed in a bombing incident in December 2007 as she left a PPP rally in Rawalpindi, just ahead of the scheduled Pakistani general election of 2008 in which she was a leading opposition candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- Mulayam, Akhilesh scared of me; not allowing Muslim leaders in SP to speak up, alleges Asaduddin Owaisi