Former Pak PM Gilani visits Benazir grave
Islamabad: Former Pakistani prime minister Yousuf Raza Gilani, who was ousted from power by the Supreme Court, on Thursday visited the grave of Benazir Bhutto to pay tributes to her on her 59th birth anniversary.
Gilani was accompanied by Pakistan People’s Party chairman and Bhutto`s son, Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, to the grave in Garhi Khuda Bux in Sindh province, Geo News reported.
The two leaders, who were joined by Sindh Chief Minister Syed Qaim Ali Shah, placed floral wreaths at the grave.
President Asif Ali Zardari, the husband of late Bhutto, offered a special plane to Gilani to facilitate his travel.
Garhi Khuda Bux village is known for the burial place of the entire Bhutto clan, including that of Zulfiqar, Murtaza, and Benazir Bhutto.
Benazir Bhutto was killed in a bombing incident in December 2007 as she left a PPP rally in Rawalpindi, just ahead of the scheduled Pakistani general election of 2008 in which she was a leading opposition candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble