Former Pak PM Gilani visits Benazir grave
Islamabad: Former Pakistani prime minister Yousuf Raza Gilani, who was ousted from power by the Supreme Court, on Thursday visited the grave of Benazir Bhutto to pay tributes to her on her 59th birth anniversary.
Gilani was accompanied by Pakistan People’s Party chairman and Bhutto`s son, Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, to the grave in Garhi Khuda Bux in Sindh province, Geo News reported.
The two leaders, who were joined by Sindh Chief Minister Syed Qaim Ali Shah, placed floral wreaths at the grave.
President Asif Ali Zardari, the husband of late Bhutto, offered a special plane to Gilani to facilitate his travel.
Garhi Khuda Bux village is known for the burial place of the entire Bhutto clan, including that of Zulfiqar, Murtaza, and Benazir Bhutto.
Benazir Bhutto was killed in a bombing incident in December 2007 as she left a PPP rally in Rawalpindi, just ahead of the scheduled Pakistani general election of 2008 in which she was a leading opposition candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?