Former Pak PM Gilani visits Benazir grave
Islamabad: Former Pakistani prime minister Yousuf Raza Gilani, who was ousted from power by the Supreme Court, on Thursday visited the grave of Benazir Bhutto to pay tributes to her on her 59th birth anniversary.
Gilani was accompanied by Pakistan People’s Party chairman and Bhutto`s son, Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, to the grave in Garhi Khuda Bux in Sindh province, Geo News reported.
The two leaders, who were joined by Sindh Chief Minister Syed Qaim Ali Shah, placed floral wreaths at the grave.
President Asif Ali Zardari, the husband of late Bhutto, offered a special plane to Gilani to facilitate his travel.
Garhi Khuda Bux village is known for the burial place of the entire Bhutto clan, including that of Zulfiqar, Murtaza, and Benazir Bhutto.
Benazir Bhutto was killed in a bombing incident in December 2007 as she left a PPP rally in Rawalpindi, just ahead of the scheduled Pakistani general election of 2008 in which she was a leading opposition candidate.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed