Former PMs Gilani, Ashraf appear in Pakistani court
Islamabad: Former Pakistani premiers Yousuf Raza Gilani and Raja Pervaz Ashraf today appeared in a court here in connection with graft cases filed against them.
The National Accountability Bureau, the country`s anti-corruption watchdog, has charged the Pakistan People`s Party (PPP) leaders in a case related to the alleged illegal appointment of the Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority (OGRA)`s chairman during Gilani`s tenure.
Gilani and Ashraf arrived at the court with a large number of supporters from the PPP.
Talking to the media, Gilani said the PPP has always respected the judiciary and will continue to do so. He was showered with rose petals by his supporters.
Gilani`s counsel asked the court to exempt his client from appearing in person for the hearings. The court approved the requested and adjourned the case till March 5.
On January 24, NAB had filed a case over the appointment of Tauqeer Sadiq as OGRA chief against the two former premiers.
The bureau also filed a supplementary case in a case related to alleged corruption worth Rs 82 billion in OGRA.
Both the premiers were provided with a copy of the cases filed against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic