Former SAARC secy-gen appointed Maldives minister
Male: Former Secretary-General of SAARC Fathmath Dhiyana Saeed was on Monday sworn-in as Maldives` new minister of gender, family and human rights.
Saeed, had quit as the first woman secretary-general of South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) in January amid controversy over her statements on the domestic politics of the Maldives.
She had resigned after the Maldives government expressed outrage over her remarks against the arrest of the country`s Criminal Court Chief Judge Abdulla Mohamed.
Under the new arrangement, Ministry of health and family has been dissolved and two new ministries have been formed in its place - ministry of health and ministry of gender, family and human rights.
Ex-minister of health and family Ahmed Jamsheed Mohamed has been made the the minister of health.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan