Former SAARC secy-gen appointed Maldives minister
Male: Former Secretary-General of SAARC Fathmath Dhiyana Saeed was on Monday sworn-in as Maldives` new minister of gender, family and human rights.
Saeed, had quit as the first woman secretary-general of South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) in January amid controversy over her statements on the domestic politics of the Maldives.
She had resigned after the Maldives government expressed outrage over her remarks against the arrest of the country`s Criminal Court Chief Judge Abdulla Mohamed.
Under the new arrangement, Ministry of health and family has been dissolved and two new ministries have been formed in its place - ministry of health and ministry of gender, family and human rights.
Ex-minister of health and family Ahmed Jamsheed Mohamed has been made the the minister of health.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Rahul Gandhi visits ailing Sushma Swaraj at AIIMS
- Anybody can play Sangeeta Bijlani's role but not Naureen's: Prachi Desai
- Coal scam: Rungtas move HC against conviction, CBI reply sought
- Riteish Deshmukh has a new name for Tiger Shroff
- WATCH: Urvashi Rautela's sizzling dance with Dwayne Bravo at a party!