Former SAARC secy-gen appointed Maldives minister
Male: Former Secretary-General of SAARC Fathmath Dhiyana Saeed was on Monday sworn-in as Maldives` new minister of gender, family and human rights.
Saeed, had quit as the first woman secretary-general of South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) in January amid controversy over her statements on the domestic politics of the Maldives.
She had resigned after the Maldives government expressed outrage over her remarks against the arrest of the country`s Criminal Court Chief Judge Abdulla Mohamed.
Under the new arrangement, Ministry of health and family has been dissolved and two new ministries have been formed in its place - ministry of health and ministry of gender, family and human rights.
Ex-minister of health and family Ahmed Jamsheed Mohamed has been made the the minister of health.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested