Former SAARC secy-gen appointed Maldives minister
Male: Former Secretary-General of SAARC Fathmath Dhiyana Saeed was on Monday sworn-in as Maldives` new minister of gender, family and human rights.
Saeed, had quit as the first woman secretary-general of South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) in January amid controversy over her statements on the domestic politics of the Maldives.
She had resigned after the Maldives government expressed outrage over her remarks against the arrest of the country`s Criminal Court Chief Judge Abdulla Mohamed.
Under the new arrangement, Ministry of health and family has been dissolved and two new ministries have been formed in its place - ministry of health and ministry of gender, family and human rights.
Ex-minister of health and family Ahmed Jamsheed Mohamed has been made the the minister of health.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman