Former Sri Lankan envoy to India passes away
Colombo: Romesh Jayasinghe, a former Sri
Lankan High Commissioner to India, has passed away, the
country`s External Affairs Ministry said on Monday.
He was 56.
Jayasinghe, who was an advisor to President Mahinda
Rajapaksa, died of cancer.
He also served as the Secretary to the External Affairs
Ministry until March this year.
He was Sri Lanka`s High Commissioner to New Delhi from
2006 to 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 2,000 migrants rescued from Mediterranean: Italian coast guard
- Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal along with a likely 10-member cabinet to take oath today
- Know how long Sonu Nigam sang on the streets for the ‘beggar’ video
- Know what Irrfan Khan has to say about Marathi blockbuster ‘Sairat’
- Louis van Gaal axed by Manchester United as Jose Mourinho waits in wings