Former Sri Lankan envoy to India passes away
Colombo: Romesh Jayasinghe, a former Sri
Lankan High Commissioner to India, has passed away, the
country`s External Affairs Ministry said on Monday.
He was 56.
Jayasinghe, who was an advisor to President Mahinda
Rajapaksa, died of cancer.
He also served as the Secretary to the External Affairs
Ministry until March this year.
He was Sri Lanka`s High Commissioner to New Delhi from
2006 to 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone