Former Sri Lankan envoy to India passes away
Colombo: Romesh Jayasinghe, a former Sri
Lankan High Commissioner to India, has passed away, the
country`s External Affairs Ministry said on Monday.
He was 56.
Jayasinghe, who was an advisor to President Mahinda
Rajapaksa, died of cancer.
He also served as the Secretary to the External Affairs
Ministry until March this year.
He was Sri Lanka`s High Commissioner to New Delhi from
2006 to 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death
- Non-BJP parties plan to boycott PM Narendra Modi's 'Smart Cities Mission' event - Know the reason
- Two lakh ration cards cancelled in two months in Jharkhand
- PM Narendra Modi returns from Tashkent after completing his two-day visit