Former Sri Lankan envoy to India passes away
Colombo: Romesh Jayasinghe, a former Sri
Lankan High Commissioner to India, has passed away, the
country`s External Affairs Ministry said on Monday.
He was 56.
Jayasinghe, who was an advisor to President Mahinda
Rajapaksa, died of cancer.
He also served as the Secretary to the External Affairs
Ministry until March this year.
He was Sri Lanka`s High Commissioner to New Delhi from
2006 to 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31