Former US President Jimmy Carter to visit Nepal
Kathmandu: Former US President Jimmy Carter will visit Nepal later this month to encourage progress toward holding general elections, the Carter Centre said on Friday.
Carter will be visiting Nepal and Myanmar from March 29 to April 6, the Centre said in a statement.
He will be meeting with senior government officials, political party leaders and civil society representatives in support of the Carter Centre`s long-term peace monitoring in the country, the statement said.
"The former US President will encourage progress toward holding delayed national elections," the Carter Centre said, adding that it is exploring ways to support the ongoing democratic transition in Nepal.
On March 14, Chief Justice Khil Raj Regmi was sworn-in as Nepal`s new Prime Minister to head an interim government that will hold elections by June 21, ending months of political and constitutional crisis in the Himalayan country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie