Former US President Jimmy Carter to visit Nepal
Kathmandu: Former US President Jimmy Carter will visit Nepal later this month to encourage progress toward holding general elections, the Carter Centre said on Friday.
Carter will be visiting Nepal and Myanmar from March 29 to April 6, the Centre said in a statement.
He will be meeting with senior government officials, political party leaders and civil society representatives in support of the Carter Centre`s long-term peace monitoring in the country, the statement said.
"The former US President will encourage progress toward holding delayed national elections," the Carter Centre said, adding that it is exploring ways to support the ongoing democratic transition in Nepal.
On March 14, Chief Justice Khil Raj Regmi was sworn-in as Nepal`s new Prime Minister to head an interim government that will hold elections by June 21, ending months of political and constitutional crisis in the Himalayan country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday