Four gunned down in Pakistan court
Islamabad: At least four undertrial prisoners were gunned down on Saturday at a court in the adjacent garrison town of Rawalpindi, police and eyewitnesses said.
Another man was injured in the incident, Xinhua reported citing Geo TV.
All the victims were suspects in a murder case and were in police custody, the report said.
The incident took place around 11 am when four unidentified gunmen opened fire at the suspects brought to the court by police.
The gunmen fired just after the suspects stepped out of a police van, a witness said.
Three died on the spot while the fourth died on his way to a hospital, a source said. All four were involved in a murder case.
Three attackers fled on a motorcycle after the shooting while one was arrested.
Another media report quoted sources as saying that the four suspects were members of a family which had a dispute with another family. They had received threats even when they were in police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers