Four killed, 18 injured in firing in Pakistan`s Karachi
Islamabad: At least four people were killed and 18 others injured when some unidentified gunmen sprayed bullets in various areas of Pakistan`s port city of Karachi Monday evening, reported Xinhua citing local media.
Urdu TV channel ARY said two people were killed and several others injured when unidentified gunmen opened fire at people who were on their way back home after offering funeral prayer for Sunday night`s bombing victims in Al-Asif Square area of the city.
Shortly after the attack, angry mobs set four banks on fire and injured four people in the National Highway area.
In a similar attack in Sohrab Goth area of the city, some unidentified gunmen opened fire at a police mobile post, injuring several people, including one policeman. The protestors also set four banks on fire in the area.
Later in Ancholi area of the city, two people were killed and several others injured in firing by unidentified gunmen.
The Rangers` spokesperson said four Ranger personnel were injured in separate incidents of firing across the city.
The injured people were shifted to nearby hospitals where two of them were in critical condition.
The unidentified militants also torched six vehicles, including two buses and two ambulances.
Sunday night`s bomb blast targeted a locality of Shia Muslims in Abbas Town area of the city, leaving 48 people killed and over 150 injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video