Four killed, 18 injured in firing in Pakistan`s Karachi
Islamabad: At least four people were killed and 18 others injured when some unidentified gunmen sprayed bullets in various areas of Pakistan`s port city of Karachi Monday evening, reported Xinhua citing local media.
Urdu TV channel ARY said two people were killed and several others injured when unidentified gunmen opened fire at people who were on their way back home after offering funeral prayer for Sunday night`s bombing victims in Al-Asif Square area of the city.
Shortly after the attack, angry mobs set four banks on fire and injured four people in the National Highway area.
In a similar attack in Sohrab Goth area of the city, some unidentified gunmen opened fire at a police mobile post, injuring several people, including one policeman. The protestors also set four banks on fire in the area.
Later in Ancholi area of the city, two people were killed and several others injured in firing by unidentified gunmen.
The Rangers` spokesperson said four Ranger personnel were injured in separate incidents of firing across the city.
The injured people were shifted to nearby hospitals where two of them were in critical condition.
The unidentified militants also torched six vehicles, including two buses and two ambulances.
Sunday night`s bomb blast targeted a locality of Shia Muslims in Abbas Town area of the city, leaving 48 people killed and over 150 injured.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference