Kathmnandu: Four persons were electrocuted to death and eight others injured when a passenger bus carrying them touched a high-voltage wire on a highway in Nepal.
The incident happened yesterday when the bus, carrying 55 passengers and heading towards Katike of Patang Village Development Committee situated in Sindhupalchowk district, touched the 11,000 volt wire which was hanging in the middle of the road, police said.
The deceased have been identified as Manamaya Bhujel (70) from Batse-3, Sharkini Syangbo (45) from Patang-8, Rekh Bahadur Syangbo (45) from Golche-4 and a 26-year-old unidentified male, according to Police Superintendent Rajkumar Thapa.
The bodies were almost charred when the police reached the accident site.
The injured passengers were rushed to Dhulikhel Hospital at Kavre district.