Four killed as worshippers targeted in Pakistani cities
Islamabad: At least four persons, including a child, were on Thursday killed and more than 30 others injured in two bomb attacks targetting a Sufi shrine and a mosque in the Pakistani cities of Peshawar and Quetta.
In Peshawar, the capital of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province, a bomb went off within a Sufi shrine in Hazar Khwani area.
The shrine was packed with people attending special prayers, witnesses said.
Officials told the media that at least three persons, including a child, were killed and over 20 others injured.
The injured, including women and children, were taken to Lady Reading Hospital, where doctors described the condition of three persons as serious.
The bomb was hidden in a pressure cooker, officials said.
The device contained about 10 kg of explosives and was fitted with a timer, officials of the bomb disposal squad told the media.
In Quetta, the capital of the southwestern province of Balochistan, one person was killed and 14 others were injured when a bomb went off inside a mosque in Ghausabad area.
The dead and injured were taken to a nearby hospital.
The nature of the blast could not immediately be ascertained.
A witness said the blast occurred while people were praying in the mosque. No group claimed responsibility for both attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!