Four killed as worshippers targeted in Pakistani cities
Islamabad: At least four persons, including a child, were on Thursday killed and more than 30 others injured in two bomb attacks targetting a Sufi shrine and a mosque in the Pakistani cities of Peshawar and Quetta.
In Peshawar, the capital of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province, a bomb went off within a Sufi shrine in Hazar Khwani area.
The shrine was packed with people attending special prayers, witnesses said.
Officials told the media that at least three persons, including a child, were killed and over 20 others injured.
The injured, including women and children, were taken to Lady Reading Hospital, where doctors described the condition of three persons as serious.
The bomb was hidden in a pressure cooker, officials said.
The device contained about 10 kg of explosives and was fitted with a timer, officials of the bomb disposal squad told the media.
In Quetta, the capital of the southwestern province of Balochistan, one person was killed and 14 others were injured when a bomb went off inside a mosque in Ghausabad area.
The dead and injured were taken to a nearby hospital.
The nature of the blast could not immediately be ascertained.
A witness said the blast occurred while people were praying in the mosque. No group claimed responsibility for both attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day