Four killed in Afghan landslide
Kabul: At least four people died and scores of houses destroyed as a landslide hit two villages in Afghanistan`s Takhar province Saturday, a government official said.
The province is 245 km from Kabul.
"A landslide caused by heavy rains hit the villages of Khuja Khirat and Pusta Mazar early Saturday, destroying scores of houses and so far four dead bodies have been recovered," Xinhua quoted a government spokesperson as saying.
Rescue teams have been rushed to the area to save those trapped under debris, he said.
The heavy rains and flooding, the official said, have damaged the roads, making it difficult for the rescue teams to conduct rescue operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'