Four killed in Afghan landslide
Kabul: At least four people died and scores of houses destroyed as a landslide hit two villages in Afghanistan`s Takhar province Saturday, a government official said.
The province is 245 km from Kabul.
"A landslide caused by heavy rains hit the villages of Khuja Khirat and Pusta Mazar early Saturday, destroying scores of houses and so far four dead bodies have been recovered," Xinhua quoted a government spokesperson as saying.
Rescue teams have been rushed to the area to save those trapped under debris, he said.
The heavy rains and flooding, the official said, have damaged the roads, making it difficult for the rescue teams to conduct rescue operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees