Four killed in Afghan landslide
Kabul: At least four people died and scores of houses destroyed as a landslide hit two villages in Afghanistan`s Takhar province Saturday, a government official said.
The province is 245 km from Kabul.
"A landslide caused by heavy rains hit the villages of Khuja Khirat and Pusta Mazar early Saturday, destroying scores of houses and so far four dead bodies have been recovered," Xinhua quoted a government spokesperson as saying.
Rescue teams have been rushed to the area to save those trapped under debris, he said.
The heavy rains and flooding, the official said, have damaged the roads, making it difficult for the rescue teams to conduct rescue operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery