Four killed in Afghan landslide
Kabul: At least four people died and scores of houses destroyed as a landslide hit two villages in Afghanistan`s Takhar province Saturday, a government official said.
The province is 245 km from Kabul.
"A landslide caused by heavy rains hit the villages of Khuja Khirat and Pusta Mazar early Saturday, destroying scores of houses and so far four dead bodies have been recovered," Xinhua quoted a government spokesperson as saying.
Rescue teams have been rushed to the area to save those trapped under debris, he said.
The heavy rains and flooding, the official said, have damaged the roads, making it difficult for the rescue teams to conduct rescue operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- AAP dares rebel leader Dharamvira Gandhi to resign as MP
- Deepika Padukone to join hands with Indian Psychiatric Society to promote mental health
- Injured Aaron Ramsey not in Chris Coleman's Wales squad
- Banks to auction Kingfisher Airlines brands again on Thursday at lower price
- Delhi Assembly ratifies "big reform" GST Bill