Four killed in attack in Balochistan
Karachi: Four men, including a constable of the Levies militia, were shot dead by militants in the troubled Balochistan province of southwest Pakistan on Thursday.
Zafar Lashari, a police official in Khuzdar district, said militants fired at a vehicle that was taking some persons injured in an earlier shooting to hospital.
Levies officials escorting the injured returned fire but the militants escaped into nearby mountains, Lashari said.
A Levies constable and three civilians were killed in the attack. The civilians were tribesman from Zehri sub-division.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack.
Khuzdar is considered one of the more troubled districts of Balochistan, where nationalist insurgent groups and Taliban fighters are active.
Bombings and targeted killings have claimed scores of lives in Khuzdar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka