Four killed in Pakistan blast
Islamabad: Four persons were killed and 11
others injured when a bomb blast hit a police station and a
mosque in northwest Pakistan, hours after US special forces
killed Al-Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden near the garrison city
The blast ripped through the police station and mosque
in Umerzai area of Charsadda in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province,
There was confusion about the nature of the blast.
Some reports said the attack was carried out with a
car bomb while others said the blast was caused by an
improvised explosive device.
Several children were studying the Quran in the mosque
at the time of the blast. Four persons were killed instantly.
Three policemen, three women and two children were
among the injured.
Parts of the ceiling and walls of the mosque collapsed
due to the blast.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack, which
came a little more than 12 hours after bin Laden, the world`s
most wanted man, was killed in a firefight with US forces in
Abbottabad, also in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed