Four killed in Pakistan blast
Islamabad: Four persons were killed and 11
others injured when a bomb blast hit a police station and a
mosque in northwest Pakistan, hours after US special forces
killed Al-Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden near the garrison city
The blast ripped through the police station and mosque
in Umerzai area of Charsadda in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province,
There was confusion about the nature of the blast.
Some reports said the attack was carried out with a
car bomb while others said the blast was caused by an
improvised explosive device.
Several children were studying the Quran in the mosque
at the time of the blast. Four persons were killed instantly.
Three policemen, three women and two children were
among the injured.
Parts of the ceiling and walls of the mosque collapsed
due to the blast.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack, which
came a little more than 12 hours after bin Laden, the world`s
most wanted man, was killed in a firefight with US forces in
Abbottabad, also in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'