Four killed in Pakistan blast
Islamabad: Four persons were killed and 11
others injured when a bomb blast hit a police station and a
mosque in northwest Pakistan, hours after US special forces
killed Al-Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden near the garrison city
The blast ripped through the police station and mosque
in Umerzai area of Charsadda in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province,
There was confusion about the nature of the blast.
Some reports said the attack was carried out with a
car bomb while others said the blast was caused by an
improvised explosive device.
Several children were studying the Quran in the mosque
at the time of the blast. Four persons were killed instantly.
Three policemen, three women and two children were
among the injured.
Parts of the ceiling and walls of the mosque collapsed
due to the blast.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack, which
came a little more than 12 hours after bin Laden, the world`s
most wanted man, was killed in a firefight with US forces in
Abbottabad, also in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Guess who? This Bollywood veteran is giving Salman Khan serious fitness goals - Pic inside
- North Korea submarine missiles not ready until 2018: Experts
- Dhaka cafe attack mastermind, 2 others gunned down in police encounter
- ISRO to test scramjet engine
- Leander Paes-Andre Begemann make it to final of Winston Salem Open