Four killed in Pakistan blast
Islamabad: Four persons were killed and 11
others injured when a bomb blast hit a police station and a
mosque in northwest Pakistan, hours after US special forces
killed Al-Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden near the garrison city
The blast ripped through the police station and mosque
in Umerzai area of Charsadda in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province,
There was confusion about the nature of the blast.
Some reports said the attack was carried out with a
car bomb while others said the blast was caused by an
improvised explosive device.
Several children were studying the Quran in the mosque
at the time of the blast. Four persons were killed instantly.
Three policemen, three women and two children were
among the injured.
Parts of the ceiling and walls of the mosque collapsed
due to the blast.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack, which
came a little more than 12 hours after bin Laden, the world`s
most wanted man, was killed in a firefight with US forces in
Abbottabad, also in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH