Four killed in suicide attack in Pakistan
Islamabad: At least four people were killed and a dozen injured on Sunday when a suicide bomber riding on a bicycle hit a police van in Quetta, capital of Pakistan`s southwestern Balochistan province.
Five injured policemen were in critical condition, Xinhua reported.
The bomb exploded near the residence of a senior political leader, Mehmood Khan Achakzau, who heads the Pakhtoonkhawa Milli Awami Party.
He was not at home when the bomb ripped through the busy area, his family said.
The injured, including several policemen, were taken to hospital. Doctors said five of them were in a critical condition.
Quetta has witnessed wave of targeted killings in recent days. On Saturday, gunmen shot dead four people belonging to ethnic Harzara Shia community in Quetta.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India