Four killed in suicide attack in Pakistan
Islamabad: At least four people were killed and a dozen injured on Sunday when a suicide bomber riding on a bicycle hit a police van in Quetta, capital of Pakistan`s southwestern Balochistan province.
Five injured policemen were in critical condition, Xinhua reported.
The bomb exploded near the residence of a senior political leader, Mehmood Khan Achakzau, who heads the Pakhtoonkhawa Milli Awami Party.
He was not at home when the bomb ripped through the busy area, his family said.
The injured, including several policemen, were taken to hospital. Doctors said five of them were in a critical condition.
Quetta has witnessed wave of targeted killings in recent days. On Saturday, gunmen shot dead four people belonging to ethnic Harzara Shia community in Quetta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt