Four militants killed in air strikes in Pak tribal belt
Peshawar: Pakistani helicopter gunships on Sunday pounded Taliban hideouts in the volatile Orakzai tribal region in the country`s northwest, killing at least four militants.
The gunships shelled militant positions at Kole Bargan area of Orakzai tribal agency, official sources said.
Besides killing four militants, the air strikes destroyed two Taliban positions, they said.
Security forces have also given local residents three days to vacate Dabori area, where troops are set to launch an operation to flush out the Taliban, the sources said.
Pakistani security forces claim to have killed over 400 Taliban militants since an offensive was launched in March to flush the terrorists out of the region.
The figure cannot be independently confirmed as journalists are barred from reporting from the conflict zone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!