Four militants killed in Balochistan
Karachi: Police in Pakistan`s restive Balochistan province on Tuesday claimed to have killed four suspected militants in the capital city of Quetta.
The militants were killed when police and other law enforcement agencies launched an operation in the Bakra Peri area of Quetta against suspected insurgents believed to be involved in a series of terrorist incidents, sources said.
The police have also arrested and detained four other suspected militants during the operation that lasted over two hours, a source added.
The authorities were acting on intelligence reports that warned about militants planning a series of fresh terror attacks in the city.
The police cordoned off the area before beginning its assault that was met by rockets fired at them by the militants, police officials said.
Two personnel of the Anti Terrorists Force were also injured and were rushed to the hospital for treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj