Four militants killed in encounter in Pakistan
Karachi: Four militants of the banned Tehreek-e-Taliban were killed during a shootout on the Hub highway here, police said.
Senior Superintendent of CID Police, Chaudhary Aslam, said around 200 kilograms of explosive material and weapons were also recovered from them.
The encounter took place late last night after a truck was intercepted on the Hub highway when it was coming from Baluchistan province to Karachi, he said.
"When the truck was stopped, the militants belonging to a splinter group of the TTP responded by opening fire on the CID police party," he said.
"In the shootout, four militants have been killed and two of them have been identified as experts in making explosive devices and bombs," he said.
Aslam said around 200 kilograms of explosive material and weapons were recovered from the truck.
"Two policemen were also injured in the firing," he added.
Aslam said the group was involved in several incidents of bomb attacks in different parts of Karachi particularly during elections in May.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users