Four militants killed in encounter in Pakistan
Karachi: Four militants of the banned Tehreek-e-Taliban were killed during a shootout on the Hub highway here, police said.
Senior Superintendent of CID Police, Chaudhary Aslam, said around 200 kilograms of explosive material and weapons were also recovered from them.
The encounter took place late last night after a truck was intercepted on the Hub highway when it was coming from Baluchistan province to Karachi, he said.
"When the truck was stopped, the militants belonging to a splinter group of the TTP responded by opening fire on the CID police party," he said.
"In the shootout, four militants have been killed and two of them have been identified as experts in making explosive devices and bombs," he said.
Aslam said around 200 kilograms of explosive material and weapons were recovered from the truck.
"Two policemen were also injured in the firing," he added.
Aslam said the group was involved in several incidents of bomb attacks in different parts of Karachi particularly during elections in May.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof