Four militants killed in US drone attack in Pak
Islamabad: US drones targeted two compounds,
including one belonging to the Taliban faction headed by
Mullah Nazir, in Pakistan`s restive South Waziristan tribal
region on Wednesday, killing at least four militants.
The drones fired a total of four missiles at the
compounds in Karikot and Doogh areas near Wana, the main town
in South Waziristan, TV news channels reported quoting
Four militants were killed in the missile strikes, the
Drones continued to hover over the area after the
One of the strikes targeted a compound belonging to
Mullah Nazir-led Taliban faction, which frequently carries out
cross-border attacks on US and foreign forces in Afghanistan.
Al Qaeda-linked militant commander Ilyas Kashmiri was
reportedly killed in a US drone strike in the same area
earlier this month.
However, US officials have said his death cannot be
There have been more than 35 drone strikes in Pakistan`s
tribal belt bordering Afghanistan this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30