Four militants killed in US drone attack in Pak
Islamabad: US drones targeted two compounds,
including one belonging to the Taliban faction headed by
Mullah Nazir, in Pakistan`s restive South Waziristan tribal
region on Wednesday, killing at least four militants.
The drones fired a total of four missiles at the
compounds in Karikot and Doogh areas near Wana, the main town
in South Waziristan, TV news channels reported quoting
Four militants were killed in the missile strikes, the
Drones continued to hover over the area after the
One of the strikes targeted a compound belonging to
Mullah Nazir-led Taliban faction, which frequently carries out
cross-border attacks on US and foreign forces in Afghanistan.
Al Qaeda-linked militant commander Ilyas Kashmiri was
reportedly killed in a US drone strike in the same area
earlier this month.
However, US officials have said his death cannot be
There have been more than 35 drone strikes in Pakistan`s
tribal belt bordering Afghanistan this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination
- Rights activist Trupti Desai alleges attack by goons in Nashik, hospitalised
- CHSE Odisha +2 Result (CHSE result 2016) Exam Results 2016 likely to be declared shortly. Check chseodisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic.in
- PM Narendra Modi silent on scams like Manmohan Singh: Arvind Kejriwal