Four militants killed in US drone strike in Pak
Islamabad: Four suspected militants were
killed in a US drone strike in Pakistan`s restive Waziristan
tribal region on Friday, the sixth such attack since al Qaeda
chief Osama bin Laden was killed in a covert American
Two missiles fired by the drone destroyed a vehicle in
Tappi area, 10 km from Miranshah, the main town of North
Waziristan Agency, which the US has described as a haven for
Taliban and al Qaeda elements.
The identity of the men killed in the attack could not
immediately be ascertained.
This was the sixth in a fresh wave of drone attacks
carried out by the CIA-operated spy planes since US forces
killed bin Laden during a raid in the garrison city of
Abbottabad on May 2.
The missile strikes, a source of tension between
Pakistan and the US, have picked up pace after a relative lull
before bin Laden`s death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal