Four militants killed in US drone strike in Pak
Islamabad: Four suspected militants were
killed in a US drone strike in Pakistan`s restive Waziristan
tribal region on Friday, the sixth such attack since al Qaeda
chief Osama bin Laden was killed in a covert American
Two missiles fired by the drone destroyed a vehicle in
Tappi area, 10 km from Miranshah, the main town of North
Waziristan Agency, which the US has described as a haven for
Taliban and al Qaeda elements.
The identity of the men killed in the attack could not
immediately be ascertained.
This was the sixth in a fresh wave of drone attacks
carried out by the CIA-operated spy planes since US forces
killed bin Laden during a raid in the garrison city of
Abbottabad on May 2.
The missile strikes, a source of tension between
Pakistan and the US, have picked up pace after a relative lull
before bin Laden`s death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?