Four militants killed in US drone strike in Pak
Islamabad: Four suspected militants were
killed in a US drone strike in Pakistan`s restive Waziristan
tribal region on Friday, the sixth such attack since al Qaeda
chief Osama bin Laden was killed in a covert American
Two missiles fired by the drone destroyed a vehicle in
Tappi area, 10 km from Miranshah, the main town of North
Waziristan Agency, which the US has described as a haven for
Taliban and al Qaeda elements.
The identity of the men killed in the attack could not
immediately be ascertained.
This was the sixth in a fresh wave of drone attacks
carried out by the CIA-operated spy planes since US forces
killed bin Laden during a raid in the garrison city of
Abbottabad on May 2.
The missile strikes, a source of tension between
Pakistan and the US, have picked up pace after a relative lull
before bin Laden`s death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- 'We're ready to execute our plans' - Chilling details emerge as NIA busts 'ISIS' terror module
- Animals owe their social sense to their maternal side!
- Neymar, Douglas Costa named in Brazil's Olympic squad
- Germany desperate to rewrite history against Italy in Euro 2016 quarter-final
- Playing with lives of soldiers? Jawans in Siachen may have been given substandard snow suits to fight -60 deg C