Four militants killed in US drone strike in Pak
Islamabad: Four suspected militants were
killed in a US drone strike in Pakistan`s restive Waziristan
tribal region on Friday, the sixth such attack since al Qaeda
chief Osama bin Laden was killed in a covert American
Two missiles fired by the drone destroyed a vehicle in
Tappi area, 10 km from Miranshah, the main town of North
Waziristan Agency, which the US has described as a haven for
Taliban and al Qaeda elements.
The identity of the men killed in the attack could not
immediately be ascertained.
This was the sixth in a fresh wave of drone attacks
carried out by the CIA-operated spy planes since US forces
killed bin Laden during a raid in the garrison city of
Abbottabad on May 2.
The missile strikes, a source of tension between
Pakistan and the US, have picked up pace after a relative lull
before bin Laden`s death.
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on
- Funny video alert! ‘Housefull 3’ trio - Akshay Kumar, Abhishek Bachchan and Riteish Deshmukh - goes crazy