Four Pakistani Taliban members arrested in Lahore
Lahore: Four members of Pakistani Taliban
militant group have been arrested here in connection with
Monday`s suicide car bomb attack on a special investigation
unit that killed 14 people.
The men arrested by the Crime Investigation Agency are
Mohammad Yasin alias Junaid, Mohammad Kamran alias Zarar, Abu
Bakr alias Suleman and Khurshid Ali.
Lahore Police Chief Pervez Rathore said the CIA worked
with intelligence agencies to gather the particulars of these
terrorists and arrested them from a house in the northern part
of the city.
Rathore told that the arrested men were members of
the Punjab-based network of the Pakistani Taliban and had been
trained in Waziristan and Afghanistan.
"They came here after completing their training to
carry out terror attacks in the city," Rathore said.
Police were investigating their role in Monday`s
attack on the office of the special investigation unit, he
A suicide bomber had rammed his explosive laden car
into the building where police interrogated high-value
terrorist suspects killing 14 people, most of them officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah