Four Pakistanis among 16 held with bombs in Dhaka
Dhaka: Police in Bangladesh capital Dhaka have arrested 16 people, including four Pakistanis, after they were found in possession of eight bombs and 12.9 million Indian Rupees.
Police claimed that the arrested persons were "planning subversive activities in the city".
According to The Daily Star newspaper, a team of the Detective Branch of the police conducted simultaneous drives in Paltan, Nikunja, Kalabagan and Bangshal areas of the city on Friday and Saturday and arrested the 16 people after being tipped off about their whereabouts.
Additional Deputy Commissioner Mashiur Rahman confirmed the arrests and added that several passports were also recovered from their possession.
Rahman said that a Bangladeshi eye specialist was among those arrested, and added that the detainees might be the members of an outfit trying to carry out subversive activities in the capital or elsewhere in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH