Four Pakistanis among 16 held with bombs in Dhaka
Dhaka: Police in Bangladesh capital Dhaka have arrested 16 people, including four Pakistanis, after they were found in possession of eight bombs and 12.9 million Indian Rupees.
Police claimed that the arrested persons were "planning subversive activities in the city".
According to The Daily Star newspaper, a team of the Detective Branch of the police conducted simultaneous drives in Paltan, Nikunja, Kalabagan and Bangshal areas of the city on Friday and Saturday and arrested the 16 people after being tipped off about their whereabouts.
Additional Deputy Commissioner Mashiur Rahman confirmed the arrests and added that several passports were also recovered from their possession.
Rahman said that a Bangladeshi eye specialist was among those arrested, and added that the detainees might be the members of an outfit trying to carry out subversive activities in the capital or elsewhere in the country.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata