Four persons burnt to death in Balochistan
Islamabad: Four persons were shot and burnt to death in the restive Balochistan province of southwest Pakistan on Saturday, security officials said.
The incident occurred at Tump, a border town in Turbat district, officials of the Levies militia said.
"Unidentified armed men riding motorcycles opened fire from three sides on a car in which four persons were travelling," a Levies official told the media.
The armed men later set the car on fire.
All four persons in the car were burnt to death. The attackers escaped before security personnel reached the spot.
Two of the dead were later identified while two bodies were charred beyond identification.
The cause of the killings could not immediately be ascertained.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet