Four persons burnt to death in Balochistan
Islamabad: Four persons were shot and burnt to death in the restive Balochistan province of southwest Pakistan on Saturday, security officials said.
The incident occurred at Tump, a border town in Turbat district, officials of the Levies militia said.
"Unidentified armed men riding motorcycles opened fire from three sides on a car in which four persons were travelling," a Levies official told the media.
The armed men later set the car on fire.
All four persons in the car were burnt to death. The attackers escaped before security personnel reached the spot.
Two of the dead were later identified while two bodies were charred beyond identification.
The cause of the killings could not immediately be ascertained.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off