Four policemen gunned down in Karachi
Islamabad: Four policemen were killed when unidentified motorcycle-riding gunmen attacked a check-post in Pakistan`s port city of Karachi Sunday night, a media report said.
Fayyaz Laghari, Inspector General of Sindh police, told Xinhua that the gunmen opened fire at the policemen standing at the check-post on the main highway of Karachi.
The attack took place around 9.20 pm. The assailants sped away following the attack.
No one has claimed responsibility for the attack.
The attack took place shortly after the city was jolted by twin blasts, in which at least 40 people were killed and over 130 others injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why