Four policemen gunned down in Karachi
Islamabad: Four policemen were killed when unidentified motorcycle-riding gunmen attacked a check-post in Pakistan`s port city of Karachi Sunday night, a media report said.
Fayyaz Laghari, Inspector General of Sindh police, told Xinhua that the gunmen opened fire at the policemen standing at the check-post on the main highway of Karachi.
The attack took place around 9.20 pm. The assailants sped away following the attack.
No one has claimed responsibility for the attack.
The attack took place shortly after the city was jolted by twin blasts, in which at least 40 people were killed and over 130 others injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'