Four policemen gunned down in Karachi
Islamabad: Four policemen were killed when unidentified motorcycle-riding gunmen attacked a check-post in Pakistan`s port city of Karachi Sunday night, a media report said.
Fayyaz Laghari, Inspector General of Sindh police, told Xinhua that the gunmen opened fire at the policemen standing at the check-post on the main highway of Karachi.
The attack took place around 9.20 pm. The assailants sped away following the attack.
No one has claimed responsibility for the attack.
The attack took place shortly after the city was jolted by twin blasts, in which at least 40 people were killed and over 130 others injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing