Four policemen gunned down in Karachi
Islamabad: Four policemen were killed when unidentified motorcycle-riding gunmen attacked a check-post in Pakistan`s port city of Karachi Sunday night, a media report said.
Fayyaz Laghari, Inspector General of Sindh police, told Xinhua that the gunmen opened fire at the policemen standing at the check-post on the main highway of Karachi.
The attack took place around 9.20 pm. The assailants sped away following the attack.
No one has claimed responsibility for the attack.
The attack took place shortly after the city was jolted by twin blasts, in which at least 40 people were killed and over 130 others injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list