Four policemen injured in Pak bomb blast
Islamabad: Four policemen, including an
officer, were injured when a police van was targeted with a
roadside bomb on the outskirts of Pakistan`s northwest
Peshawar city on Tuesday, officials said.
The bomb planted by the side of Kohat Road was triggered
as the van was passing the area this evening, officials said.
An inspector and three policemen were injured by the
powerful blast, which damaged several other vehicles.
The injured were taken to the Lady Reading Hospital.
Footage on television showed that the police van was
reduced to a mangled heap of metal.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
Northwest Pakistan has witnessed a spike in violence
blamed on the Taliban, who had threatened to target security
forces and the government.
A senior police official who played a key role in
operations against the Taliban was recently killed by a
suicide bomber in Peshawar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?