Four policemen killed at Afghan checkpoint
Kandahar: An official says four Afghan policemen have been killed in a volatile area in southern Afghanistan.
Helmand province spokesman Daoud Ahmadi says the pre-dawn attack occurred on Tuesday at a checkpoint near the Information and Cultural Affairs Ministry`s directorate in the provincial capital of Lashkar Gah.
Ahmadi says it`s not clear who killed the officers and that an investigation is under way.
Taliban militants frequently target Afghan security forces and officials to undermine the US-backed government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman