Four policemen killed at Afghan checkpoint
Kandahar: An official says four Afghan policemen have been killed in a volatile area in southern Afghanistan.
Helmand province spokesman Daoud Ahmadi says the pre-dawn attack occurred on Tuesday at a checkpoint near the Information and Cultural Affairs Ministry`s directorate in the provincial capital of Lashkar Gah.
Ahmadi says it`s not clear who killed the officers and that an investigation is under way.
Taliban militants frequently target Afghan security forces and officials to undermine the US-backed government.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!