Four policemen killed at Afghan checkpoint
Kandahar: An official says four Afghan policemen have been killed in a volatile area in southern Afghanistan.
Helmand province spokesman Daoud Ahmadi says the pre-dawn attack occurred on Tuesday at a checkpoint near the Information and Cultural Affairs Ministry`s directorate in the provincial capital of Lashkar Gah.
Ahmadi says it`s not clear who killed the officers and that an investigation is under way.
Taliban militants frequently target Afghan security forces and officials to undermine the US-backed government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Suicide bombing kills 11 at Yemen army camp: Officials
- iBerry launches 'India's first 4GB Ram unibody smartphone' at Rs 15,990
- Kerry arrives in Bangladesh amid wave of attacks on minorities
- Facebook to increase Trending Topic feature's automation
- Apple plans to integrate Touch ID into iPhone's screen