Four policemen killed in Pakistan
Karachi: Four policemen, including an officer, were killed when unidentified gunmen attacked a police van in Quetta city of southwest Pakistan on Saturday, officials said.
The gunmen, who were riding a motorcycle, fired at the van while it was on a routine patrol at Satellite Town in Quetta, the capital of the restive Balochistan province.
An assistant sub-inspector and two constable were killed instantly.
Another constable succumbed to his injuries in hospital, DIG Hamid Shakeel said.
The gunmen escaped after the attack.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement