Four policemen killed in Pakistan
Karachi: Four policemen, including an officer, were killed when unidentified gunmen attacked a police van in Quetta city of southwest Pakistan on Saturday, officials said.
The gunmen, who were riding a motorcycle, fired at the van while it was on a routine patrol at Satellite Town in Quetta, the capital of the restive Balochistan province.
An assistant sub-inspector and two constable were killed instantly.
Another constable succumbed to his injuries in hospital, DIG Hamid Shakeel said.
The gunmen escaped after the attack.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur