Four policemen killed in Pakistan
Karachi: Four policemen, including an officer, were killed when unidentified gunmen attacked a police van in Quetta city of southwest Pakistan on Saturday, officials said.
The gunmen, who were riding a motorcycle, fired at the van while it was on a routine patrol at Satellite Town in Quetta, the capital of the restive Balochistan province.
An assistant sub-inspector and two constable were killed instantly.
Another constable succumbed to his injuries in hospital, DIG Hamid Shakeel said.
The gunmen escaped after the attack.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon