Four policemen killed in Pakistan
Karachi: Four policemen, including an officer, were killed when unidentified gunmen attacked a police van in Quetta city of southwest Pakistan on Saturday, officials said.
The gunmen, who were riding a motorcycle, fired at the van while it was on a routine patrol at Satellite Town in Quetta, the capital of the restive Balochistan province.
An assistant sub-inspector and two constable were killed instantly.
Another constable succumbed to his injuries in hospital, DIG Hamid Shakeel said.
The gunmen escaped after the attack.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- The Pot Simmers: Beef Politics in UP; Beef Festival in Kerala