Four security personnel wounded in blast in northwest Pakistan
Islamabad: Four troopers of the paramilitary Frontier Corps were injured in a bomb attack in Pakistan`s troubled northwest on Saturday, officials said.
The bomb, hidden in a motorcycle parked by the roadside in Hangu district of the militancy-wracked Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province, was detonated as the troopers were passing by.
District police chief Sajjad Khan told the media that four troopers were injured in the attack.
Nobody immediately claimed responsibility for the blast.
The Taliban are active in the district which borders North Waziristan, Kurram and Orakzai tribal regions.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed