Four soldiers killed in militants` attack in North Waziristan
Islamabad: Pro-Taliban militants targeted a military convoy with a roadside bomb in North Waziristan tribal region of Pakistan on Sunday, killing four soldiers and injuring six more, officials said.
The bomb was triggered by remote control near a check post in Mirali town of North Waziristan Agency, a safe haven for Taliban and al Qaeda elements.
The convoy of about a dozen vehicles was on its way from Mirali to Bannu in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province, security officials told the media.
Four soldiers were killed instantly.
Six injured soldiers were taken to a nearby hospital.
A vehicle was destroyed by the blast.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack. After the attack, security forces cordoned off the area and launched a search operation.
In a separate incident, three security personnel were injured in clashes with militants in Orakzai tribal region.
Three militants were also reportedly killed in the gunbattles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH