Four soldiers killed in militants` attack in North Waziristan
Islamabad: Pro-Taliban militants targeted a military convoy with a roadside bomb in North Waziristan tribal region of Pakistan on Sunday, killing four soldiers and injuring six more, officials said.
The bomb was triggered by remote control near a check post in Mirali town of North Waziristan Agency, a safe haven for Taliban and al Qaeda elements.
The convoy of about a dozen vehicles was on its way from Mirali to Bannu in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province, security officials told the media.
Four soldiers were killed instantly.
Six injured soldiers were taken to a nearby hospital.
A vehicle was destroyed by the blast.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack. After the attack, security forces cordoned off the area and launched a search operation.
In a separate incident, three security personnel were injured in clashes with militants in Orakzai tribal region.
Three militants were also reportedly killed in the gunbattles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Donald Trump has no clue about middle class, says Joe Biden
- Barack Obama endorses Hillary Clinton for US presidency - Highlights
- India, Bangladesh Home Minister-level talks today - Know its agenda
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: MCOCA court likely to announce its order on Abu Jundal today
- PM Narendra Modi to hold NITI Aayog meeting for 15-year vision today