Four soldiers killed in militants` attack in North Waziristan
Islamabad: Pro-Taliban militants targeted a military convoy with a roadside bomb in North Waziristan tribal region of Pakistan on Sunday, killing four soldiers and injuring six more, officials said.
The bomb was triggered by remote control near a check post in Mirali town of North Waziristan Agency, a safe haven for Taliban and al Qaeda elements.
The convoy of about a dozen vehicles was on its way from Mirali to Bannu in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province, security officials told the media.
Four soldiers were killed instantly.
Six injured soldiers were taken to a nearby hospital.
A vehicle was destroyed by the blast.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack. After the attack, security forces cordoned off the area and launched a search operation.
In a separate incident, three security personnel were injured in clashes with militants in Orakzai tribal region.
Three militants were also reportedly killed in the gunbattles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years