Four soldiers killed in militants` attack in North Waziristan
Islamabad: Pro-Taliban militants targeted a military convoy with a roadside bomb in North Waziristan tribal region of Pakistan on Sunday, killing four soldiers and injuring six more, officials said.
The bomb was triggered by remote control near a check post in Mirali town of North Waziristan Agency, a safe haven for Taliban and al Qaeda elements.
The convoy of about a dozen vehicles was on its way from Mirali to Bannu in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province, security officials told the media.
Four soldiers were killed instantly.
Six injured soldiers were taken to a nearby hospital.
A vehicle was destroyed by the blast.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack. After the attack, security forces cordoned off the area and launched a search operation.
In a separate incident, three security personnel were injured in clashes with militants in Orakzai tribal region.
Three militants were also reportedly killed in the gunbattles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof