Four soldiers killed in militants` attack in North Waziristan
Islamabad: Pro-Taliban militants targeted a military convoy with a roadside bomb in North Waziristan tribal region of Pakistan on Sunday, killing four soldiers and injuring six more, officials said.
The bomb was triggered by remote control near a check post in Mirali town of North Waziristan Agency, a safe haven for Taliban and al Qaeda elements.
The convoy of about a dozen vehicles was on its way from Mirali to Bannu in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province, security officials told the media.
Four soldiers were killed instantly.
Six injured soldiers were taken to a nearby hospital.
A vehicle was destroyed by the blast.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack. After the attack, security forces cordoned off the area and launched a search operation.
In a separate incident, three security personnel were injured in clashes with militants in Orakzai tribal region.
Three militants were also reportedly killed in the gunbattles.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill