Four Taliban killed, 31 nabbed in Pak tribal belt
Islamabad: Pakistani troops killed four
Taliban fighters and captured 31 more during operations in the
restive Swat valley and the tribal belt bordering Afghanistan,
authorities said on Thursday.
Four militants were killed during a skirmish in Swat
while four more were apprehended with arms and ammunition
during search operations across the valley, the military said.
Security forces arrested 23 militants, including a key
commander, during a raid in Bara sub-division of the Khyber
tribal region, the media cell of the Frontier Corps said.
The raid was conducted early this morning on the basis of
a tip-off. Security forces also seized two Global Positioning
In Waziristan tribal region, security forces apprehended
four militants with arms during a search operation in Razmak
Militants with small arms attacked Lita Sar post near
Makeen in Razmak sector though there were no casualties among
the security forces.
Troops also conducted search and clearance operations at
several places in Jandola, Shakai and Razmak sectors and
cleared over 100 militant-held compounds and recovered arms
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world