Four Taliban leaders held in Afghan raids: ISAF
Kabul: Four Taliban leaders and several armed insurgents were arrested on Sunday during separate military operations, said the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) forces.
"An Afghan and coalition security force arrested a Taliban leader in Zurmat district, Paktiya province, today," Xinhua quoted an ISAF release as saying, adding that the security force also detained several suspected insurgents.
The Taliban-linked Haqqani network mostly operating in Afghan provinces and Kabul is responsible for many anti-security forces attacks.
In addition, the joint forces also detained a Haqqani senior leader in Paktiya`s Sayyid Karam district earlier in the day.
Two other Taliban leaders were captured in Nahri-e Saraj district, Helmand province and Logar province, according to the ISAF release.
The Taliban were yet to make any comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav