Four Taliban leaders held in Afghan raids: ISAF
Kabul: Four Taliban leaders and several armed insurgents were arrested on Sunday during separate military operations, said the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) forces.
"An Afghan and coalition security force arrested a Taliban leader in Zurmat district, Paktiya province, today," Xinhua quoted an ISAF release as saying, adding that the security force also detained several suspected insurgents.
The Taliban-linked Haqqani network mostly operating in Afghan provinces and Kabul is responsible for many anti-security forces attacks.
In addition, the joint forces also detained a Haqqani senior leader in Paktiya`s Sayyid Karam district earlier in the day.
Two other Taliban leaders were captured in Nahri-e Saraj district, Helmand province and Logar province, according to the ISAF release.
The Taliban were yet to make any comment.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference