Four Taliban leaders held in Afghan raids: ISAF
Kabul: Four Taliban leaders and several armed insurgents were arrested on Sunday during separate military operations, said the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) forces.
"An Afghan and coalition security force arrested a Taliban leader in Zurmat district, Paktiya province, today," Xinhua quoted an ISAF release as saying, adding that the security force also detained several suspected insurgents.
The Taliban-linked Haqqani network mostly operating in Afghan provinces and Kabul is responsible for many anti-security forces attacks.
In addition, the joint forces also detained a Haqqani senior leader in Paktiya`s Sayyid Karam district earlier in the day.
Two other Taliban leaders were captured in Nahri-e Saraj district, Helmand province and Logar province, according to the ISAF release.
The Taliban were yet to make any comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi