Four top Army officers promoted in Pakistan
Islamabad: Four major generals of the
Pakistan Army have been promoted to the rank of lieutenant general ahead of the retirement of four three-star generals holding key posts.
The officers who were promoted are Maj Gen Naseer Khan
Janjua, the vice chief of general staff, Maj Gen Tariq Nadeem
Gilani, the GOC of Sargodha, Maj Gen Ijaz Chaudhry, the head
of the Pakistan Rangers in Sindh, and Maj Gen Naveed Zaman,
the commandant of the National Defence University.
The four generals who are set to retire are Lt Gen Mohsin
Kamal, serving as military secretary at General Headquarters,
Lt Gen Shujaat Zameer Dar, chairman of Pakistan Ordnance
Factories, Lt Gen Jamil Haider, commander of the Army?s
Strategic Force Command and Lt Gen Javed Zia, Corps Commander
They will all retire this month.
Media reports said a dozen two-star generals were
superseded in the promotions, included two commanding officers
(GOCs) and a senior officer of the Inter-Services
Lt Gen Alam Khattak will replace Lt Gen Javed Zia as the
new head of the Southern Command while Maj Gen Naveed Zaman,
following his promotion, will be the new military secretary at
General Headquarters, media reports said.
Lt Gen Ahsan Mehmood, the current Engineer-in-Chief, will
take over as chairman of Pakistan Ordnance Factories while Maj
Gn Tariq Nadeem Gilani, after his promotion, will be the new
head of the Strategic Force Command.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...