Four US embassy officials detained at Karachi airport
Karachi: Pakistani authorities briefly detained four US embassy officials at Karachi`s Jinnah International Airport on Wednesday and later sent them back to Islamabad.
The incident was confirmed airport officials.
"Don`t know what happened or why they were sent back to Islamabad but there was no verbal spat or arguments," one official said on condition of anonymity.
A US embassy spokesman confirmed the incident and told Dawn.Com that four embassy officials had reached Karachi from Islamabad this morning to meet with officials from the US consulate in Karachi.
He said airport officials did not allow them to enter the city and they subsequently returned to Islamabad.
"There was no verbal scuffle," the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?