Four US embassy officials detained at Karachi airport
Karachi: Pakistani authorities briefly detained four US embassy officials at Karachi`s Jinnah International Airport on Wednesday and later sent them back to Islamabad.
The incident was confirmed airport officials.
"Don`t know what happened or why they were sent back to Islamabad but there was no verbal spat or arguments," one official said on condition of anonymity.
A US embassy spokesman confirmed the incident and told Dawn.Com that four embassy officials had reached Karachi from Islamabad this morning to meet with officials from the US consulate in Karachi.
He said airport officials did not allow them to enter the city and they subsequently returned to Islamabad.
"There was no verbal scuffle," the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?