Fourteen killed in separate incidents in Pakistan
Karachi: Violence continued in Pakistan`s biggest city on Thursday with at least 14 people including a police constable, a doctor and two brothers being killed, police said.
The killings started early Thursday morning when two brothers were gunned down at a hotel in Mauripur by unidentified bike-borne gunmen, they said.
Later in the late evening, the miscreants also bombed a police station in Mominabad, Orangi town. The explosives were planted near the police station in Mominabad and went off when a police mobile drove by.
The high intensity blast totally damaged the main gate and killed constable Fazal Abbas and injured seven others including two constables and bystanders.
An official of the bomb disposal squad said around one kg explosives were used in the remote controlled blast.
In another incident, armed men barged into a clinic in North Nazimabad area of the city and gunned down Dr Abid Mirza while he was busy attending patients, police said.
Target killings were also reported from other parts of the city despite the deployment of additional police and Rangers with a Supreme Court bench, holding hearings in Karachi over the law and order situation, also expressed dissatisfaction over the working of the provincial government and law enforcement agencies to control the situation.
The SC observation was close to reality as police said a man, identified as Amjadur Rehman, was shot dead in the Gulbahar area of Karachi, while he was present in a shop.
In another incident in the same area, some miscreants shot dead Waseem Siddiqui(45) at Liaquat Chowk.
Meanwhile, two bodies were recovered in gunny bags from Garden area. The deceased were identified as Mola Bux and Bilal. Body of an unidentified man was also found from Sohrab Goth area.
In another incident in Kalapul area, bike-borne gunmen shot dead Hasan, who was standing at a bus stop while in Korangi another man was shot dead by miscreants while he was returning home.
Two people were killed in two separate incidents of firing in Baldia town while another was killed in Malir`s Saudabad area by some miscreants, police added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India