Fourteen killed in separate incidents in Pakistan
Karachi: Violence continued in Pakistan`s biggest city on Thursday with at least 14 people including a police constable, a doctor and two brothers being killed, police said.
The killings started early Thursday morning when two brothers were gunned down at a hotel in Mauripur by unidentified bike-borne gunmen, they said.
Later in the late evening, the miscreants also bombed a police station in Mominabad, Orangi town. The explosives were planted near the police station in Mominabad and went off when a police mobile drove by.
The high intensity blast totally damaged the main gate and killed constable Fazal Abbas and injured seven others including two constables and bystanders.
An official of the bomb disposal squad said around one kg explosives were used in the remote controlled blast.
In another incident, armed men barged into a clinic in North Nazimabad area of the city and gunned down Dr Abid Mirza while he was busy attending patients, police said.
Target killings were also reported from other parts of the city despite the deployment of additional police and Rangers with a Supreme Court bench, holding hearings in Karachi over the law and order situation, also expressed dissatisfaction over the working of the provincial government and law enforcement agencies to control the situation.
The SC observation was close to reality as police said a man, identified as Amjadur Rehman, was shot dead in the Gulbahar area of Karachi, while he was present in a shop.
In another incident in the same area, some miscreants shot dead Waseem Siddiqui(45) at Liaquat Chowk.
Meanwhile, two bodies were recovered in gunny bags from Garden area. The deceased were identified as Mola Bux and Bilal. Body of an unidentified man was also found from Sohrab Goth area.
In another incident in Kalapul area, bike-borne gunmen shot dead Hasan, who was standing at a bus stop while in Korangi another man was shot dead by miscreants while he was returning home.
Two people were killed in two separate incidents of firing in Baldia town while another was killed in Malir`s Saudabad area by some miscreants, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley