French journalist claims having proof of Zardari kickbacks
Paris: French journalist Guillaume Dasquie has said he has documents to prove that Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari did receive millions of dollars as kickbacks during the purchase of three submarines from France in 1994.
Dasquie, who works with the leading French newspaper `Liberation`, told a private television channel that he is absolutely certain that Zardari made big money from the submarine deal.
“The newspaper (Liberation) had received documents from London and Switzerland and it was clear that Zardari received a ‘lot of money’ from the submarine deal,” The Daily Times quoted Zardari, as saying.
Earlier this week, the French newspaper had reported that investigations have revealed that Zardari received USD 4.3 million in kickbacks from the sale of three Agosta 90 submarines for EUR 825 million (approximately USD 1.237 billion at current exchange rate).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket