French Rafale crashes off Pakistan; pilot unhurt
Paris: France`s Defense Ministry says a French Rafale fighter jet has crashed into the waters off Pakistan after its pilot parachuted to safety.
The Rafale was operating from the aircraft carrier Charles de Gaulle, which is stationed in the Arabian Sea to support the fight in Afghanistan.
The cause of today`s crash was unclear and an investigation has been opened. The ministry said the Rafale plunged into waters near where the aircraft carrier is
stationed, more than 100 kilometres (60 miles) off the coast of Pakistan in the Arabian Sea.
The pilot was unharmed and was picked up by helicopter.
France has about 3,850 troops engaged in missions in
and around Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy