French Rafale crashes off Pakistan; pilot unhurt
Paris: France`s Defense Ministry says a French Rafale fighter jet has crashed into the waters off Pakistan after its pilot parachuted to safety.
The Rafale was operating from the aircraft carrier Charles de Gaulle, which is stationed in the Arabian Sea to support the fight in Afghanistan.
The cause of today`s crash was unclear and an investigation has been opened. The ministry said the Rafale plunged into waters near where the aircraft carrier is
stationed, more than 100 kilometres (60 miles) off the coast of Pakistan in the Arabian Sea.
The pilot was unharmed and was picked up by helicopter.
France has about 3,850 troops engaged in missions in
and around Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!