French Rafale crashes off Pakistan; pilot unhurt
Paris: France`s Defense Ministry says a French Rafale fighter jet has crashed into the waters off Pakistan after its pilot parachuted to safety.
The Rafale was operating from the aircraft carrier Charles de Gaulle, which is stationed in the Arabian Sea to support the fight in Afghanistan.
The cause of today`s crash was unclear and an investigation has been opened. The ministry said the Rafale plunged into waters near where the aircraft carrier is
stationed, more than 100 kilometres (60 miles) off the coast of Pakistan in the Arabian Sea.
The pilot was unharmed and was picked up by helicopter.
France has about 3,850 troops engaged in missions in
and around Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?