Gates begins farewell visits with troops
Afghanistan: US Defense Secretary Robert Gates is beginning two days of farewell visits to remote US troop bases in Afghanistan.
He began by flying Sunday morning to a base near Kandahar City in southern Afghanistan, where he was greeting soldiers and having lunch with junior enlisted troops.
Gates, who is retiring June 30, is assessing the situation ahead of a presidential decision within weeks on the start of a US troop withdrawal this summer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands