General Kayani to attend Turkey meet
Islamabad: Pakistan Army chief General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani will hold talks with the military leaders of Turkey and Afghanistan in Istanbul.
President Asif Ali Zardari reached Istanbul Sunday for the sixth trilateral summit being hosted by Turkey to find a peaceful solution of the Afghanistan issue.
The conference encompasses trilateral meetings between political and military leadership of Pakistan, Afghanistan and Turkey.
The army chief will hold discussions with senior military leaders of Turkey and Afghanistan, reported Associated Press of Pakistan.
The conference will debate the nature of international involvement in Afghanistan in view of the phased pullout of coalition troops from that country by 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what