Generator blast injures many in Peshawar
Islamabad: Several people were injured when a generator exploded in a crowded commercial building in Peshawar city of northwest Pakistan on Monday, police said.
The generator exploded on the second floor of a multi-storey plaza in Saddar market of Peshawar, triggering panic in the area.
Several persons sustained minor injuries, witnesses and police officials said.
Footage on television showed injured persons being helped out of the building by local residents.
The cause of the blast could not be ascertained immediately.
The building had several shops selling mobile phones. In the past, such shops have been threatened by militants for selling phones loaded with music and video clips.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- FC Pune City rope in ex-Chelsea, Barcelona forward Eidur Gudjohnsen
- International Weightlifting federation names 15 re-test doping failures
- Football Tourism: PSG will receive $197 million to promote tourism in Qatar
- Nitin Gadkari appointed as BJP election in-charge for Goa Assembly polls
- Xiaomi Redmi 4, Redmi Note 4 likely to be launched on Thursday