Generator blast injures many in Peshawar
Islamabad: Several people were injured when a generator exploded in a crowded commercial building in Peshawar city of northwest Pakistan on Monday, police said.
The generator exploded on the second floor of a multi-storey plaza in Saddar market of Peshawar, triggering panic in the area.
Several persons sustained minor injuries, witnesses and police officials said.
Footage on television showed injured persons being helped out of the building by local residents.
The cause of the blast could not be ascertained immediately.
The building had several shops selling mobile phones. In the past, such shops have been threatened by militants for selling phones loaded with music and video clips.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman