Generator blast injures many in Peshawar
Islamabad: Several people were injured when a generator exploded in a crowded commercial building in Peshawar city of northwest Pakistan on Monday, police said.
The generator exploded on the second floor of a multi-storey plaza in Saddar market of Peshawar, triggering panic in the area.
Several persons sustained minor injuries, witnesses and police officials said.
Footage on television showed injured persons being helped out of the building by local residents.
The cause of the blast could not be ascertained immediately.
The building had several shops selling mobile phones. In the past, such shops have been threatened by militants for selling phones loaded with music and video clips.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach