Generator blast injures many in Peshawar
Islamabad: Several people were injured when a generator exploded in a crowded commercial building in Peshawar city of northwest Pakistan on Monday, police said.
The generator exploded on the second floor of a multi-storey plaza in Saddar market of Peshawar, triggering panic in the area.
Several persons sustained minor injuries, witnesses and police officials said.
Footage on television showed injured persons being helped out of the building by local residents.
The cause of the blast could not be ascertained immediately.
The building had several shops selling mobile phones. In the past, such shops have been threatened by militants for selling phones loaded with music and video clips.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH