Gilani calls off visit for Queen`s diamond jubilee
Islamabad: Prime Minster Yousuf Raza Gilani has cancelled his plan to visit Britain and attend the Queen`s Diamond Jubilee celebrations, following his busy engagements, Online news agency reported on Saturday.
He was to attend the Diamond Jubilee celebrations June 2-5 being held to mark 60 years of Queen Elizabeth II`s reign.
According to Pakistan Prime Minister`s House, the visit has been cancelled due to his engagements in the country and Chairman of Senate Nayyer Hussain Bukhari would represent Pakistan at the ceremony.
The Queen came to the throne Feb 6, 1952, and her coronation took place June 2, 1953. She celebrated her Silver Jubilee in 1977 and the Golden Jubilee in 2002.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon