Gilani calls off visit for Queen`s diamond jubilee
Islamabad: Prime Minster Yousuf Raza Gilani has cancelled his plan to visit Britain and attend the Queen`s Diamond Jubilee celebrations, following his busy engagements, Online news agency reported on Saturday.
He was to attend the Diamond Jubilee celebrations June 2-5 being held to mark 60 years of Queen Elizabeth II`s reign.
According to Pakistan Prime Minister`s House, the visit has been cancelled due to his engagements in the country and Chairman of Senate Nayyer Hussain Bukhari would represent Pakistan at the ceremony.
The Queen came to the throne Feb 6, 1952, and her coronation took place June 2, 1953. She celebrated her Silver Jubilee in 1977 and the Golden Jubilee in 2002.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail