Gilani calls off visit for Queen`s diamond jubilee
Islamabad: Prime Minster Yousuf Raza Gilani has cancelled his plan to visit Britain and attend the Queen`s Diamond Jubilee celebrations, following his busy engagements, Online news agency reported on Saturday.
He was to attend the Diamond Jubilee celebrations June 2-5 being held to mark 60 years of Queen Elizabeth II`s reign.
According to Pakistan Prime Minister`s House, the visit has been cancelled due to his engagements in the country and Chairman of Senate Nayyer Hussain Bukhari would represent Pakistan at the ceremony.
The Queen came to the throne Feb 6, 1952, and her coronation took place June 2, 1953. She celebrated her Silver Jubilee in 1977 and the Golden Jubilee in 2002.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!