Gilani calls off visit for Queen`s diamond jubilee
Islamabad: Prime Minster Yousuf Raza Gilani has cancelled his plan to visit Britain and attend the Queen`s Diamond Jubilee celebrations, following his busy engagements, Online news agency reported on Saturday.
He was to attend the Diamond Jubilee celebrations June 2-5 being held to mark 60 years of Queen Elizabeth II`s reign.
According to Pakistan Prime Minister`s House, the visit has been cancelled due to his engagements in the country and Chairman of Senate Nayyer Hussain Bukhari would represent Pakistan at the ceremony.
The Queen came to the throne Feb 6, 1952, and her coronation took place June 2, 1953. She celebrated her Silver Jubilee in 1977 and the Golden Jubilee in 2002.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list