Gilani congratulates Bilawal Bhutto Zardari on his birthday
Islamabad: Prime Minister Yousuf Raza
Gilani telephoned ruling Pakistan People`s Party chairman
Bilawal Bhutto Zardari and congratulated him on his 22nd
birthday on Wednesday.
Gilani wished Bilawal success in his future pursuits,
said a brief statement issued by the premier`s office.
He also discussed the post-flood situation and
rehabilitation plans for the flood victims with Bilawal.
Bilawal, who recently graduated in history from the
prestigious Christ College at Oxford University, had said in
July that he had no immediate plans to enter politics.
Dismissing media reports that he would launch his
political career, Bilawal said he intended to continue his
academic and political education and was looking at the
possibility of studying law like his grandfather, late
President Zulfikar Ali Bhutto.
Bilawal was made chairman of the PPP after his mother,
former premier Benazir Bhutto, was assassinated by a suicide
bomber in 2007.
Under Pakistani laws, he will be eligible to contest
elections when he turns 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference