Gilani endorses Bilawal as future PM candidate
Islamabad: Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani
has endorsed ruling PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari as a
future Prime Ministerial candidate.
"It is up to the party... our Chairman should be the
Prime Minister and I am with him," he said on the programme
`Prime Minister Online` on state-run PTV late last night.
He was responding to a question on whether he would be
the PPP`s prime ministerial candidate in the next election
scheduled for 2013 in the presence of Bilawal who has formally
"I am with the party. I was not a candidate (for the post
of Prime Minister after the 2008 election). The party gave me
the responsibility," he said.
Gilani`s remarks came days after 23-year-old Bilawal,
son of slain former premier Benazir Bhutto, chaired a meeting
of PPP leaders entrusted with handling public affairs and
relations with the media.
Bilawal presided over the meeting held in Karachi on
November 29 that was attended by PPP spokesman Qamar Zaman
Kaira, parliamentarians Farzana Raja and Farahnaz Isphani and
Sindh Information Minister Shazia Marri.
Party insiders described the meeting as the first one
chaired independently by Bilawal after he formally entered
The PPP Chairman asked the leaders to increase the
activities of their wings.
He also called for establishing media cells in all four
provinces of the country.
Media reports quoted Bilawal as saying that instead of
adopting an aggressive approach for dealing with negative news
regarding the PPP, the leaders should tackle such information
in a technical manner.
Kaira told the media that Bilawal wanted the youth to
join the PPP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks