Gilani for peaceful resolution of Kashmir dispute
Islamabad: The peace and stability of
South Asia has been held hostage by the Kashmir dispute, which
should be peacefully resolved by Pakistan and India through
dialogue, Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani said on Thursday.
Pakistan desires a peaceful resolution of the Kashmir
dispute through dialogue and in accordance with the wishes of
the Kashmiri people, he said during a meeting in Brussels with
a delegation of the Kashmir Centre and Kashmir Advisory
Gilani, who is currently on an official visit to Spain
and Brussels, underlined Pakistan`s commitment to the cause of
the Kashmiris in the form of complete political and diplomatic
The Pakistan government has been raising the issue
for early resolution of the Kashmir dispute, he added.
Leaders from around the world, including Indian Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh, have described the resolution of the
Kashmir dispute as imperative for lasting peace, security and
prosperity in South Asia and the world at large, Gilani said.
He regretted what he described as the "continuation of
human rights violations" in Jammu and Kashmir and assured the
delegation that the Pakistan government will continue to
highlight "atrocities against innocent Kashmiris" at all
The delegation invited Gilani to attend a global
discourse on Kashmir to be held in Brussels in October.
Gilani also addressed members of the of the Pakistan
People?s Party in Brussels, telling them that his government
believed that the only way forward for Pakistan is to adopt a
policy of political reconciliation and consensus to overcome
the challenges the country is facing.
Apart from the serious problems of extremism and
terrorism, Pakistan is faced with energy shortage, poverty and
unemployment but the government is determined to address all
these issues through prudent management, he said.
Gilani said Pakistanis living abroad should add to
Pakistan’s image as a moderate and peaceful country through
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof