Gilani to resist if Pak SC tries to oust PM Ashraf
Lahore: The Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) has said it would not remain silent and will resist the apex court`s decision if they tried to oust Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf, former premier Yousuf Raza Gilani has warned.
The Daily Times quoted Gilani, as saying that Ashraf`s removal by the judiciary would amount to the disintegration of Pakistan, and the judiciary would be held responsible if that happens.
He said sending an elected prime minister home was not a ``good tradition``, and if the judiciary wanted to take all decisions, then it should itself take charge of the government.
Gilani also suggested holding a train march from Lahore to Karachi in support of the supremacy of Parliament.
Gilani said he refrained from writing to the Swiss authorities, as he had vowed to follow the Constitution.
He further said that the judiciary`s decision to remove him from office was against the Constitution, but he had accepted in the nation`s interest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!